If you are like most people, you probably want to live a life with a perfect smile. However, a lot of things can impact the way your teeth look including oral hygiene, genetics, and dental injuries. Thankfully, Ankeny cosmetic dentistry lets you change your smile for the better. You just have to schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist and know your treatment options.
Working With a Dentist to Design Your Smile
Crooked teeth, discoloration, missing teeth, and gaps lead to a less-than-perfect smile. It could make daily tasks like eating and talking hard and uncomfortable. Also, having this smile can make you feel embarrassed about yourself, possibly hindering your social life. Luckily, cosmetic dentistry relieves these struggles, so you can enjoy all parts of your life as well as experience enhanced oral and general health.
Cosmetic Treatment Options
If it is your first time getting cosmetic dental treatment, you may have a lot of questions for your dentist. During your consultation, you will be informed about your treatment options including the following:
- Dental crowns. These dental solutions are used for covering damaged teeth, helping to enhance and straighten their look.
- Implants. These are teeth replacements fused to your jawbone to serve as fillers for any missing teeth.
- Gum lifts. These solutions are meant to alter your gum’s contour, offering your teeth a more extended look. Also, they can help with gum disease.
- Porcelain veneers. Veneers can redesign how your smile can look. They are bonded to your teeth to enhance their size, shape, color, and length.
- White fillings. Composite fillings are available in different tooth-colored shades made to match your natural teeth. Compared with their dark alternatives, white fillings are barely distinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Clear aligners. These aligners provide an amazing alternative to traditional braces. These invisible aligners can efficiently straighten misaligned teeth.
- Dental braces. They are used for putting pressure on your teeth, so they move gently into a straight position.
Cosmetic treatment can straighten your teeth, ensuring they look and work optimally. Anyone who wants to give their smile a makeover can benefit from cosmetic dental treatments. When the cosmetic issues in your teeth are addressed and fixed, you will enjoy an improved bite, get a beautiful smile, and save money in the long run. Also, you won’t have to be picky with the kind of food to eat. Most importantly, you will feel better about all aspects of your life.